Total Happy Hour, Inc ("Total Happy Hour") knows that you take your privacy seriously. We do, too. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with Total Happy Hour's Service (as defined in Total Happy Hour's Terms of Service).
Information We Collect
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Friends: Your friends can see, for example, the location and time of each of your check-ins, name, email, phone number, photo, hometown, mayorships and badges, links to your Twitter and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your Total Happy Hour account), a list of your friends, and tips you write. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in comments or tips or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Service.
- Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of Total Happy Hour is to help users learn about businesses, locations, events and brands (for example, a TV show, a TV personality, newspaper or a consumer good that manages a page on the Service) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials. When you check-in to a particular location that is a ‘claimed location’ your check-ins are shared with that location in order for it to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous data, such as anonymized check-in data (that is, not tied to individual users) of users that like their brand. For more info read the Privacy FAQs.
- Publicly Available Information, the Total Happy Hour API, and Apps: When you use Total Happy Hour, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, tips, likes, public photos, lists that you create and lists of friends, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as anonymized check-in data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users of our API, for analytical or other purposes.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
Determining and Sharing Location
Total Happy Hour deals with location, so in order to work, Total Happy Hour needs to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with the Total Happy Hour app on your mobile device or go to TotalHappyHour.com, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Total Happy Hour experience to your current location (i.e., we’ll show you a list of nearby locations, friends and tips). This information is NOT shared with others. Also, Total Happy Hour uses your mobile device’s ‘background location’ (formerly known as ‘Radar’) to provide the service, including to send you notifications of tips/friends/ interesting things etc. near you. If you have ‘background location’ turned on, the Total Happy Hour app will, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the application.
Your location data is ONLY shared with others when you proactively decide to "check in" to tell Total Happy Hour you’re at a particular place or, if you have turned on ‘check-in by friends,’ when your friend mentions you in his or her check in. The location information shared with a "check in" is the location information of that place. Each of your Total Happy Hour check-ins is saved to your "Check-in History," which allows you to look back at all the locations you have checked in since you created your Total Happy Hour account. You can delete any or all of your check-ins from the check-in details page on the Total Happy Hour website and Total Happy Hour app. If for some reason you ever decide to delete your Total Happy Hour account, your entire check-in history will be removed from our database.
Total Happy Hour Features
The Total Happy Hour service includes several features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information may be available to the wider Total Happy Hour community, or may be published on the Total Happy Hour website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Total Happy Hour and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through Total Happy Hour's Service. In other situations, Total Happy Hour provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If Total Happy Hour or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Total Happy Hour goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Total Happy Hour and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Total Happy Hour, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Your Total Happy Hour account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Total Happy Hour endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Total Happy Hour cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Total Happy Hour complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Total Happy Hour has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Total Happy Hour’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Accessing Personal Information
Total Happy Hour allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Total Happy Hour website by visiting the user settings page (except usage information, which can be accessed in the "History" tab). This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
- Usage information (for example, check-in history)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you ever decide to delete your Total Happy Hour account, you may do so by clicking on the "delete account" link on your account settings page. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your check-in history, badges you received, your User Submissions (as defined in Total Happy Hour's Terms of Service) and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from Total Happy Hour's servers. Because of the way we maintain Total Happy Hour, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
Removing Information from your Account
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
How to contact Total Happy Hour, Inc.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.